Business Loans Nova Scotia
Compare and Save With Loans Canada
Written by Bryan Daly
Best Business Loans Nova Scotia (Online) June 2021
Note: Loans Canada does not arrange or underwrite mortgages or any other financial service. We are a simple referral website that provides free educational resources to help Canadians make better decisions.
For business owners in Nova Scotia, business loans can be a very beneficial, often necessary financial tool to get their company started or keep it running efficiently. Maintaining any business can require lots of funding, which isn’t always easy to get when every dollar you make is already going toward your other regular expenses. So, if a Nova Scotia business loan sounds like a good idea to you, keep reading.
Areas Where Business Financing Can Help in Nova Scotia
Getting a Nova Scotia business loan doesn’t have to be for the sole purpose of establishing your business. There are so many other places where that loan could come in handy, including but not restricted to:
- Bringing your business to the digital age with a new website or blog
- Advertising your business through television commercials, billboards, merchandise or other marketing tactics
- Improving the appearance of your current storefront or business location in Nova Scotia
- Building or buying a new location, then improving the look of it as well
- Outfitting your location with the latest technology, supplies, and equipment
- Hiring and training new employees
- Raising the pay of your current employees
- Buying new uniforms, work gear or safety equipment
Industry Domains Where Business Financing Can Help
Generally speaking, Nova Scotia business loans are not reserved for any one type of business. In fact, almost any business can qualify, such as:
- Wellness spas
- Private law firms
- Medical supply distributors
- Pet stores
- HVAC companies
- Plastic surgery clinics
Related Questions Any Nova Scotia Business Owner Should Ask
Whether you’re talking to your lender or your financial advisor in Nova Scotia, there are certain questions related to business loans that you should be asking, such as:
Can I only get typical small business loans through Loans Canada?
- Of course not! While small business loans are available through our organization, Nova Scotia business borrowers can also get access to:
- Merchant cash advances
- Commercial mortgages
- Equipment financing
- Payment processing
- Asset-based financing
What parts of my financial profile will my lender check?
- Your lender in Nova Scotia might operate differently than others, so it’s best to prepare for all scenarios. However, they will most likely be looking at your:
- Business plan – It’s best to show up with a proper, detailed strategy for how you plan to use your loan money to earn a profit.
- Income – Don’t rely solely on your business for income! Your lender in Nova Scotia will want to know you can afford your loan payments, especially in the event that your business doesn’t see enough profit.
- Assets – An option that’s even more beneficial for borrowers in Nova Scotia with bad credit, offering assets as collateral (home, car, real estate, etc.) can help you secure a larger loan with a better interest rate.
- Co-signer’s financial health – Another option that works well for bad credit borrowers in Nova Scotia, better loan terms and rates can also be secured with the help of a financially trustworthy friend or family member.
- Credit – Checking your credit report, score, rating, and history is a large part of many lenders’ application procedures. While some lenders don’t do this, it’s best to have your credit in good shape to prior to approval.
How does having good credit help me?
- Your credit health is often examined so your lender to judge your “creditworthiness”, meaning how trustworthy you’ll be with your potential payments. Here’s why this is significant:
- Good Credit (credit score of 650 or higher) shows that you’re more likely to make full, on-schedule payments. This may help your approval for a larger loan with a reasonable interest rate.
- Bad Credit (credit score of 620 or lower) shows that you’re less likely to make responsible payments This may prevent your approval for a larger loan and earn you a less reasonable interest rate upon approval.
- Your interest rate can make a huge difference to your finances because a low rate can save you money over time, whereas a high rate can end up putting you in severe debt.
- Your payments can change your credit in different ways. Responsible payments raise your credit score, while defaulted (missed, short or late) payments will reduce it.
- Your overall credit can mean the difference between you getting approved or declined for new credit products in the future.
Check out this infographic for even more information about credit scores.
How can I increase my odds of getting a business loan in Nova Scotia?
Do I need to provide a business plan when applying for a business loan?
Can I still get a business loan with bad credit?
Looking For Nova Scotia Business Financing?
If you’re reading this, it may mean that you’ve been searching for business financing in Nova Scotia without success so far. Don’t worry, because your search will be over when you apply with Loans Canada!