Magical Credit has been helping Canadians consumers get approved for quick and simple short term personal loans since 2014. They offer personal loans up to $20,000 regardless of the borrowers’ past financial issues or credit. It is their number one goal to provide access to the loan solutions Canadians want and need. Better yet, Magical Credit accepts a wide variety of incomes, including but not limited to:
- Unemployment insurance
- Workers Comp
- Maternity leave
- Baby bonuses
Magical Credit specializes in working with low-income earners and bad credit consumers. If you’ve been turned down by your bank, are looking for an alternative to a payday loan, or need to quickly cover the cost of an expense, Magical Credit could be the lender for you.
How Can I Get Approved By Magical Credit?
If you’re looking to apply for a loan, it’s important to realize that most lenders will check your credit report and financial profile to see how easily you could afford the associated costs. The general rule is that the healthier your finances are, the easier it will be to get approved for a large loan with a low-interest rate and a decent repayment plan.
Luckily, Magical Credit specializes in bad credit loans, so qualifying with them may not be as tough as with a bank or other prime lender. Check their webpage to learn which personal and financial documents will be accepted during the application process.
Typically, here’s what you need to apply and get approved with Magical Credit:
- A steady source of employment for at least 6-months
- Proof that you have a minimum monthly income of $600 (most recent T-4, etc.)
- Be discharged from any consumer proposals or bankruptcies
- A confirmable banking account
- Your latest 90-day bank statement
- Government ID that proves you’re the age of majority in your area (18-19+)
- An active credit report with no history of defaulting on payday loans
You must also be a permanent resident of one of the following provinces or territories:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland & Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Yukon Territory
How to Apply For a Magical Credit Loan
While the Magical Credit head office is located in Toronto, Ontario, their web services are available 24/7. So, if you would like to apply for one of their loan products, you just have to fill out the proper forms through their online portal.
If you complete the application honestly and end up qualifying, your loan funds will be deposited directly into your bank account. You will then repay the loan through monthly or bi-weekly installments (with interest) over a set period of 6 – 60 months. Upon its due date, each payment will be automatically debited from your account.
What Does a Magical Credit Loan Offer You?
As mentioned, one of the best things about Magical Credit is that they offer relatively large bad credit loans with easier qualifying standards than many prime lenders in Canada. After all, a loan of up to $20,000 can help you cover plenty of different expenses and outstanding debts.
Nonetheless, it’s important to consider every benefit that a lender can offer you before you hand over any of your personal or financial information. Make sure that they are a legitimate enterprise with positive reviews and business credentials.
Here are a few other benefits that Magical Credit brings to the table:
- Adjustable interest rates and repayment plan terms.
- Loans are unsecured, so no collateral is necessary for approval.
- Same-day approval and funds deposit is possible.
- Their calculator gives an estimate of your potential loan costs.
- $200 bonus cheque if you refer a friend or family member to their services.
- Borrowers who have bad credit, low incomes, or are living off government benefits can qualify with the appropriate documentation.
What Does a Loan from Magical Credit Cost?
Another essential thing to remember about any loan is that there will be other costs included in the final price, such as your interest rate and loan origination fees. Prior to applying, it’s a good idea to get a loan estimate and factor your potential payments into your budget to see if you can afford them, along with all your other daily expenses.
On their webpage, Magical Credit states that they charge:
- An average monthly interest rate of 3.9% (19.99% – 46.8% APR)
- Around $200 of administrative fees for a loan with a 1-year term
Although loan approval won’t be too difficult to obtain, you may be offered a relatively high-interest rate, due to the risk associated with clients that have lesser financial health. However, the better your finances and credit are, the lower your rate will end up.
What Are the Pros and Cons of a Magical Credit Personal Loan?
Depending on where you live and what your financial health looks like, Magical Credit could be the right option for you. Remember to compare the various benefits and drawbacks that accompany their services.
- Larger loan amounts than many subprime lenders will offer
- Safer and less expensive than a payday loan
- No collateral is required for approval
- They won’t charge you for paying your loan off early
- Timely payments will raise your credit score and look good on your credit report
- Interest rates may be higher than traditional secured or unsecured loans
- Loans terms cannot be extended or automatically renewed
- A penalty fee may apply for any NSF (non-sufficient funds)
- They aren’t available in Manitoba, Quebec, or Saskatchewan
- Defaulted payments may lead to penalties and a credit score decrease
What is an unsecured loan?
What qualifies as bad credit?
Is Employment Insurance (EI) accepted as a form of income?
Does Magical Credit offer debt consolidation?
Canadian FinTech & AI Awards
For FinTech Company of the Year
Rate & Terms
Requirements & Documents
|Up to $20,000|
Reviews From Experts
Is Magical Credit legit or a scam? See what others have to say.
Awesome company, they respond in a timely manner and very easy to fill out.
This is a trusted service provider in Canada.
Very easy process. Thanks
Wonderful staff and they are a fantastic help.
Awesome, Fast and Secure!
The provider displayed on this page has not endorsed this listing.
Want to show off your rating on your website? Copy the code below to embed our review widget on your website.