If you’re looking to buy and store crypto in a secure wallet, Atomic Wallet is a solid option to consider. It’s got a user-friendly interface and accepts a variety of fiat currencies with which to purchase hundreds of different coins and tokens. Plus, it boasts several layers of security to keep your crypto and personal information safe.
Let’s take a closer look at Atomic Wallet to help you decide if this is the right platform for you.
Who Is Atomic Wallet?
Atomic Wallet is a decentralized cryptocurrency wallet that was launched in 2018 by Konstantin Gladych, former co-founder of Changelly. The Estonia-based wallet features a decentralized exchange called Atomic Swap and supports hundreds of currencies and tokens. The wallet has rapidly gained popularity among crypto investors and now serves over 3 million users all over the world.
How Does Atomic Wallet Work?
As mentioned, Atomic Wallet is a decentralized crypto wallet, which means you own your private keys and backup phrase to gain access and control of your funds. Atomic Wallet does not have any access to your wallet or any of the information needed to access your account.
Moreover, your funds are stored on the blockchain rather than your wallet, which Atomic Wallet connects directly to. You can also use Atomic Wallet to conduct transactions on the blockchain.
Check out these crypto cards in Canada.
Cryptocurrencies Supported By Atomic Wallet
Atomic Wallet supports over 500 cryptocurrencies, including the following:
- Brave Attention Token
Best Features Of Atomic Wallet
Atomic Wallet offers some exclusive features for its users:
Instant Exchange with Cashback
Earn up to 1% cashback for every purchase or exchange you make in the Atomic Wallet app. Cashback rewards are distributed monthly. All users can receive cash back when they use their wallet to buy AWC (Atomic Wallet Token). The amount earned will depend on the user’s membership status.
- Blue Membership Status – Receive up to $50 cashback every month
- Silver Membership Status – Receive up to $100 cashback every month
- Gold Membership Status – Receive up to $200 cashback every month
- Platinum Membership Status – Receive up to $300 cashback every month
Stake And Earn
With cryptocurrency staking, you can generate passive income. Once you stake your crypto in the app, you’ll receive regular staking rewards. Any profits earned are automatically transferred to your wallet.
You can earn up to 20% per year for taking Atomic Wallet Token.
Find out if you should buy crypto ETFs or buy crypto directly?
Atomic Wallet Token (AWC)
AWC is a token issued by Atomic Wallet that operates as the platform’s internal currency. With the token, you’ll receive rewards and discounts on exchange services, allowing you to take advantage of staking and cashback when using exchanges.
Get support 24/7 through live chat or email.
How To Buy Cryptocurrencies Using Atomic Wallet
Using Atomic Wallet to buy crypto is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Step 1. Download Atomic Wallet. Install Atomic Wallet on your device for free.
- Step 2. Verify Your Identity. You’ll need to verify your identity with a photo ID to prevent identity theft or fraud.
- Step 3. Buy Crypto. Purchase crypto with the fiat currency of your choice using your credit or debit card.
Pros And Cons Of Atomic Wallet
Atomic Wallet offers a slew of benefits to users, but there are a handful of drawbacks that you should also be aware of.
Atomic Wallet Pros
- Anonymity. No verification or ‘know your customer (KYC)’ is required. As such, your crypto holdings are protected against tracking and interference.
- Decentralization. Your Atomic Wallet account is entirely decentralized. This means you’re the only one who can access and manage your cryptocurrency.
- Security. Your private keys and backup are encrypted and saved on your device. Plus, your funds are held securely on the blockchain, not in the wallet itself.
- Over 500 coins. Atomic Swap supports more than 500 coins and tokens.
- Customer support is available. Atomic Wallet has a Help Center you can access at any time if you have any questions.
- Compatibility with various devices. Atomic is compatible with a wide variety of devices. Including Mac, Windows, Android, Linux, and iOS.
- Conduct transactions on the blockchain. Atomic Wallet offers cryptocurrency exchange and purchasing services, allowing you to make transactions on the blockchain.
Atomic Wallet Cons
- Only certain cryptocurrencies are available to buy. Not all cryptocurrencies are available for purchase in the wallet.
- No bank withdrawal feature. You’ll have to withdraw your funds using an alternative method other than Atomic Wallet.
- You’re responsible for security. While you have complete anonymity with Atomic Wallet, you’re the one who is solely responsible for its security. If you lose your device or backup phrase, you will also lose access to your crypto.
Atomic Wallet FAQs
Is the Atomic Wallet safe?
What is the 12-word backup phrase for?
Is the Atomic Wallet free?
What are Atomic Swaps?
Does the Atomic Wallet have an app?
The Atomic Wallet makes buying and trading cryptocurrency easy with its fiat currency and robust security features. If you’re a newbie to crypto, then the Atomic Wallet is a perfect way to start out!