Take out a Fairstone loan between November 17th to 30th, 2021, and you won’t have to make a loan payment until next year.
While online shopping is pretty easy these days, the checkout portion of the transaction can be long and complicated for some shoppers. This is particularly true for customers who tend to buy items from multiple retailers and have to enter their information each time. That’s why digital wallets like Mastercard Masterpass were invented.
What Is Mastercard Masterpass?
Masterpass is a digital payment solution by Mastercard that allows you to checkout quicker when shopping with select retailers online, in-app or in-store. Also known as a digital wallet, Masterpass keeps all your payment and shipping information in one spot. That includes any approved credit, debit, or prepaid cards (not just Mastercards).
This should make the whole shopping process fast, convenient and secure, because you don’t have to constantly re-enter your information, carry physical cash or cards, fill out complex forms or worry about forgetting and resetting your password.
What Is Mastercard Click To Pay?
At the moment, the Mastercard Masterpass is an option you’ll see during checkout with select online, in-store and mobile app retailers. That said, Mastercard has officially announced that they will soon be enhancing their services with Mastercard Click to Pay, which is a new hassle-free online checkout option with zero passwords required.
Essentially, Mastercard Click to Pay uses a sophisticated and highly secure algorithm to identify you at checkout and guide you through the payment process without any fuss.
To save more while you shop, check out this list of Canada’s best coupon apps.
How Does Mastercard Masterpass Work?
As mentioned, there are a couple of speedy and convenient ways that you can buy items online, in-app or in-store using your Mastercard Masterpass at checkout:
Purchasing Online Or In-App
The easiest way to use your Masterpass is online or in-app with your desktop, laptop or mobile device, where you only need to follow these 4 steps:
- Find the “Click to Pay” button when checking out of a participating retailer.
- Enter your email or phone number and password to access your account.
- Choose one of the payment options stored in your Masterpass wallet.
- Hit “Confirm” and get directed quickly through the payment process.
If you’re buying something on your desktop or laptop, you’ll have to scan a QR code with the Masterpass app on your smartphone before confirmation. However, if you’re using your mobile device, you only have to click “Masterpass” and “Confirm”.
You can also use the Mastercard Masterpass to make fast and efficient purchases from any designated stores that accept QR payments. To do this, you’ll need to download your financial institution’s Masterpass mobile app first, then follow these 3 steps:
- Use your smartphone to scan the enabled Masterpass OR code at checkout
- Enter your bank card PIN or One Time PIN (OTP)
- Wait for your payment confirmation
Check out these 6 ways to save on your cell phone bill.
Which Stores Can You Use Your Mastercard Masterpass With?
Currently, Mastercard Masterpass is accepted at dozens of participating retailers and stores across North America, including but not limited to:
- Air Canada
- Canadian Tire
- Grand & Toy
- London Drugs
- Pizza Pizza
- The Globe and Mail
- VIA Rail
Benefits of Mastercard Masterpass
As you can see, there are plenty of different perks to using Mastercard Masterpass when you checkout from a purchase through an online, mobile app or in-store retailer:
- Checking Out is Fast and Simple – The best thing about the Masterpass is that it saves you the trouble of re-entering your information and forgetting passwords. Choose “Remember Me On This Device” for the fastest checkout possible.
- You Can Pay Using Multiple Cards – Although Masterpass was created by Mastercard, you don’t have to pay with one of their cards specifically. In fact, you can add several options to your digital wallet, including debit and prepaid cards.
- It’s Secure – Thankfully, since Masterpass is a product of Mastercard, your account will receive much of the same guaranteed security protection against hackers, bots and fraudsters as it would when using one of their credit cards.
- You Don’t Need Physical Cards or Cash – Another great element of Mastercard Masterpass is that it eliminates the inconvenience and danger of theft associated with carrying around actual debit cards, credit cards or money in your wallet.
- You May Qualify For Exclusive Offers – When you sign up and start using your Mastercard Masterpass, you can become eligible for various promotional offers, such as store discounts, bonus credit card points and other client-only benefits.
Is Mastercard Masterpass Safe To Use?
When signing up for any type of payment product, it’s always a good idea to do research in advance so you can make sure it’s the right option for you and that it involves as little financial and personal risk as possible. Don’t worry, Mastercard Masterpass is as safe as it gets and features these top-of-the-line security measures:
- Purchase Authentication & Sophisticated Bot Protection – Your Masterpass requires a password before anyone is authorized to use it. Mastercard Click to Pay also uses the latest security technology to recognize bots during checkout.
- Advanced Data Protection & Encrypted Payment Information – Once you’ve signed up for Masterpass, your personal data, address and credit card details will be stored securely using techniques like encrypted virtual card numbers.
- Zero Liability & Fraud Protection – Don’t forget, your Mastercard Masterpass account is supported by your financial institution for extra security against fraud (with Mastercard Fraud Protection), identity theft and unauthorized transactions.
Plus, no one else can use your Mastercard Masterpass if your smartphone or tablet is lost or stolen, as your payment information isn’t stored on your mobile device. Instead, all purchases must be authorized using your bank card PIN or One-Time PIN (OTP).
How Do You Sign Up For Mastercard Masterpass?
If you’d like to join Mastercard Masterpass, all you have to do is visit the Masterpass website, click or tap “Sign Up”, then follow the directions to create your account. This is also an option with the Masterpass button upon checkout. Keep in mind that this sign-up process may change slightly once Mastercard Click to Pay is officially introduced.
During the Mastercard Masterpass sign-up process, you’ll have to input certain personal and financial information, including your:
- Full Name
- Shipping Address & Postal Code
- City & Province/Territory
- Email Address and/or Phone Number
- Credit Card Details (or other payment product details)
Once you’ve filled out the required information and confirmed that everything is accurate, you simply need to choose a password and your Masterpass account is ready to go. You can even add other cards to your account and use them during checkout too.
Which cards can I use with Mastercard Masterpass?
Is there a fee to use Mastercard Masterpass?
Where can I use Mastercard Masterpass?
Which mobile and web browsers support Mastercard Masterpass?
Thinking About Signing Up For Mastercard Masterpass?
Then your online, mobile and in-store purchases should be easier than ever. After all, shopping anywhere can be a huge hassle, especially if you find yourself constantly inputting your information and creating new passwords because you’ve forgotten your old ones. Check out the Mastercard Masterpass website to see a full list of their participating retailers, security measures, payment options and benefits today.
Rating of 5/5 based on 1 vote.
Largest Lender Network In Canada
Save time and money with Loans Canada. Research and compare lenders before you apply. Share your experiences with Canada's top lenders.
Build Credit With Refresh Financial
Build credit while spending money with the Refresh Financial VISA card.
Build Credit For $7/Month
With KOHO’s prepaid VISA card you can build a better credit score for just $7/month.
goPeer — Helping Consumers Achieve Financial Freedom by Connecting Canadians Looking For Financing With Canadians Looking to Invest
goPeer is Canada's first consumer peer to peer lending platform and connects creditworthy Canadians looking for a loan with everyday Canadians looking...