The cost of LASIK eye surgery, eyeglasses, contacts and other optometry bills can add up quickly especially when insurance is not an option or when the insurance that you do have only covers a small amount. Eye health is simply one of those things that can’t be ignored. Not only are daily activities like driving reliant on your ability to see clearly but specialised jobs sometimes require up to date eye exams. Being a student can also cause optometry to pile up, whether you require glasses or contacts to see the blackboard or are unemployed and uninsured.
Benefits of LASIK Eye Surgery
Depending on your job and the reasons why you might want LASIK eye surgery, the benefits can definitely outweigh the costs in the long run.
- Better vision
- No need for glasses or contacts
- Better quality of life
- Job benefits
How to Finance LASIK Eye Surgery?
If you’re considering LASIK eye surgery but can’t afford it on your own, you have several financing options. Having multiple financing options is superb because you can compare and contrast them when making your final choice. Below are your options when it comes to financing LASIK eye surgery.
- Personal Loan
- Secured Personal Loan
- Line of Credit
- Credit Card
- Financing from the LASIK eye surgery provider
How Much Does LASIK Surgery Cost in Canada
In Canada, LASIK surgery costs approximately $500 per eye. However, this cost is for regular eye surgery. If you need a custom procedure, the cost goes up to $2,000 per eye. The silver lining is that you won’t pay any PST or GST taxes on the surgery.
When Deciding to Finance LASIK, Ask Yourself…
- Will the cost improve my quality of life?
- Will I save money on contacts or glasses in the long run?
- Do the financing payments fit into my budget?
- Does the LASIK clinic offer a payment plan?
- Is the clinic offering any promotions? If not, will they be in the future?
When Choosing a LASIK Financing Option, Consider…
- Interest rates
- Monthly payment amount
- Hidden, miscellaneous fees
- Your budget
- The amount that you can put towards the surgery yourself instead of financing the total cost
Optometrist Bills, Eyeglasses, and Contacts
If you’re looking for financial assistance when it comes to the cost of maintain your eye health, whether it’s speciality eyeglassses or LASIK eye surgery, Loans Canada has the options you need.