On this page...View Provider Services View Provider Reviews Review Widget
Join millions of Canadians who have already trusted Loans CanadaFind A Lender
Who is PayBright?
PayBright is Canada’s leading installment payment provider. They offer consumers the option to break down the cost of a purchase into several affordable payments. When shopping at your favourite retailers (7000 participating merchants across the country), you can choose PayBright at checkout and split the cost of your purchase into biweekly or monthly payments.
How Do I Qualify For a PayBright Payment Plan?
When you make a purchase using a PayBright payment plan, PayBright will pay the merchant directly so you can pay over time in easy, equal installments. In addition to a valid credit and payment history, to qualify for a PayBright plan, consumers will need:
- To be 18+ years old;
- To be a resident of Canada;
- A Canadian Visa/Mastercard credit/debit card. Your debit card must have the Visa or Mastercard logo;
- An SMS-capable Canadian phone number; and
- To meet the minimum cart size required to use PayBright as a payment option at checkout.
What Features Does PayBright Offer?
When choosing PayBright as your method of payment at checkout wither in-store or online, you will benefit from key features, such as:
- Customers can pay over time, at thousands of stores, with no hidden fees.
- Customers receive revolving credit limits that can be used for multiple transactions, helping drive repeat purchases.
- No retroactive or compounding interest, hidden charges, or prepayment penalties.
- Instant approval and rapid process: Within seconds, PayBright verifies the customer’s credit score, identity, and payment information, and provides an instant approval decision.
What Does a PayBright Payment Plan Look Like?
One of the best aspects about PayBright is that you can pay for smaller purchases in 4 interest-free, biweekly payments, or in monthly installments with interest rates starting at 0% (plans vary by merchant). That said, there are a few important costs to consider when you apply with PayBright, including but not limited to:
- Principle: The most expensive part of your repayment plan will be your installments themselves. Only apply for a payment plan if you have enough income and savings to cover all your PayBright payments in full and on time.
- Interest: Not everyone is eligible for a 0% APR rate. PayBright rates range up to 19.95%. Your rate varies based on your credit history and the merchant you are shopping at. For instance, if you have many late payments on your credit history, you may qualify for a higher rate.
PayBright can be a great flexible option to break up the cost of an expensive purchase; but, it’s important to keep in mind that in participating, consumers are in fact taking on debt. Before participating, make sure you fully understand the costs associated with your purchase.
What Are the Pros and Cons of PayBright?
Before you apply for any type of payment plan, it’s essential to consider the possible benefits and drawbacks of the product you’re applying for.
- Easy, fast access to low- to no-interest payment plans
- Highest approval rate in Canada
- No compounding interest, retroactive interest, or hidden fees
- Missed payments can negatively affect your personal credit score
- More serious consequences can apply for defaulting too often
- High-interest rates can apply if you have weak financial health
How does PayBright work?
- Add items to your shopping cart as usual.
- Choose PayBright at checkout and enter a few details.
- Your purchase will then be split into 4 equal interest-free payments.
- Hudson’s Bay