Thanks to the internet, there are seemingly countless ways to make money these days from the comfort of your home. But rather than diving deep into a comprehensive online-based business like e-commerce, there are other ways that allow you to dedicate a lot less time and effort and don’t require any upfront capital to get started, and taking online surveys is one of them.
In fact, online surveys can give you the opportunity to make a little side cash quickly, and they’re fun to take. In Canada, several survey websites exist, including I-Say. But why should you add I-Say to your short-list of online survey websites? And how much money can you realistically earn from it?
Let’s get into a little more detail about this platform.
What Is I-Say?
I-Say is a paid survey website owned by global market research Ipsos and available to Canadians and Americans. By participating in and completing surveys that you qualify for, you will earn points that can eventually be redeemed for cash, gift cards, or a virtual Visa Prepaid card.
Survey sites like I-Say allow you to earn some extra money from home, but they certainly won’t make you rich. That said, if you’re just looking for a little extra pocket cash in your spare time, then taking surveys with I-Say might be something to consider.
How Does I-Say Work?
In order to use I-Say to start taking online paid surveys, you’ll need to be at least 18 years of age. To sign up, you will have to enter your email address and create a password, which you’ll use to sign in whenever you access the platform.
You’ll then receive an email that will prompt you to verify your email address and complete your profile. This is an important step because the information you provide about yourself will help the platform determine which survey invitations you’ll receive and how likely you’ll be to qualify for them.
You can use I-Say on your computer, laptop, or mobile device through either the App Store or Google Play. If you set up the I-Say app on your phone, you’ll receive notifications when new surveys come out. You can customize your alerts and redeem prizes on the go.
Once you’ve completed your profile, you’ll start to receive invitations to your email inbox to take surveys that match your profile. Depending on your profile, you can receive as few as 1 survey per month to as many as 8 or more.
The surveys will be on several different topics, and you can earn anywhere from 10 to 100 points for every survey successfully completed.
Redeeming I-Say Points
You can redeem your rewards once you’ve accumulated at least 500 points. These points can be redeemed in a variety of ways, including the following:
Cash Through PayPal
If you choose to get paid out through PayPal, please note that it will take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks before your redemption amount will be added to your account. The value of points is as follows:
$50 = 5100 points
$25 = 2550 points
$20 = 2,040 points
$15 = 1,530 points
$5 = 510 points
Retailers include Amazon, Starbucks eGift Cards, Tim Hortons cards, iTunes, and more.
Virtual Visa Prepaid Cards
Card values are as follows:
$50 = 5,000 points
$10 = 1,000 points
$20 = 2,000 points
You can shop for merchandise at retailers, entertainment venues, restaurants, and through the I-Say online market.
You also have the option to donate your earnings to a listed charity, including the Heart and Stroke Foundation and the Canadian Red Cross.
How Do You Earn Rewards Through I-Say?
Completing surveys is the main way to earn rewards with I-Say, though you can also earn rewards in other ways with the platform, such as the following:
- Surveys. Surveys pay anywhere from $0.45 to $1.50 each, or 10 to 100 points. If you don’t qualify for a survey, you will get 5 points.
- Loyalty program. You can earn extra points for completing a certain number of surveys. For instance, if you respond to 10 surveys, you will get 50 I-Say bonus points, and if you respond to 50 surveys, you’ll get 200 points.
- Polls. After completing a survey, you will receive an invitation to participate in a poll predictor for your chance to win prizes.
- Draws. Every 4 months, a draw is held, giving 10 panel members the chance to win 5,000 I-Say points each.
- Referrals. You’ll get 100 points for every friend you refer who signs up for I-Say.
Pros And Cons Of I-Say
Earning some side cash is easy with I-Say, which can be done from the comfort of your home. This is just one of many perks that come with using I-Say to participate in online surveys. But there are also some drawbacks to consider.
- I-Say app. Receiving notifications about available surveys and taking them on the fly is simple with the I-Say app.
- Low cashout threshold. You don’t have to wait until you’ve accumulated many points before you can cash out.
- Cash and gift card rewards. Cash is always a preferred option when redeeming rewards, but you can also take your rewards in the form of gift cards and other merchandise.
- Easy and fun way to earn cash. If anything, taking surveys is a fun way to pass your free time.
- Earn points even if you get screened out. If you get screened out of a survey for whatever reason, you can still earn a few points, which counts for something.
- Not many surveys available. There isn’t a limitless supply of surveys available, which means it can be difficult to maintain some sort of regular income stream with I-Say.
- You may not qualify for the survey. Depending on your profile, you could be waiting a while before you qualify to take a survey.
Is I-Say legit?
Are there other platforms like I-Say?
Do I-Say rewards expire?
While not a way to make a full-time living, taking surveys with I-Say can be a great way to earn a few extra bucks in your spare time. To make the most use of it, make sure you are as thorough as possible when filling out your profile to qualify for as many surveys available.