What Is The PC Optimum Loyalty Program And How Does It Work?
Loans Canada: The Country's Best Loan Comparison Platform
These days, many different businesses offer loyalty programs that allow customers to shop online or in-store and earn bonus points for their purchases. Those loyalty points can then be redeemed for all sorts of items and deals, like coupons, gift cards and discounts on products or services. Not to mention, they can help you save money.
One loyalty program that’s particularly popular in Canada is PC Optimum program. Keep reading to find out how you can join this program and get your hands on a PC Optimum Card.
Learn more ways to earn free money in Canada.
What Is The PC Optimum Card?
As mentioned, PC Optimum is a loyalty program that was introduced in 2018 following a merger between President’s Choice and Shoppers Drug Mart. Today, PC is one of the country’s leading grocery, gasoline and pharmaceutical providers. President’s Choice is owned by Loblaws which means there is a wide variety of retailers across the country who participate in the PC Optimum program.
The PC Optimum Card is a way for entry-level customers to accumulate bonus points and other rewards when they shop with more than 4,500 participating locations that are affiliated with the Loblaws brand. While points can be earned by shopping online or in-store, customers may also enter points events and accept personalized offers.
Earn extra cash back with Ampli.
PC Optimum Card Review
|Loyalty Points Value||10 points for $0.01|
|Where You Can Earn Points||– Shoppers Drug Mart (Pharmaprix in Quebec)|
– Joe Fresh
– Loblaws Banner Grocery Stores
|How to Redeem Points||Must be in 10,000 point (10$) increments|
|Best Features||– Cards are free to activate|
– PC Points have no expiry date
– Card and mobile app are easy to use
– Redeeming points is simple and convenient
– Decent savings can be found at select grocery stores, gas stations and pharmacies
Check out why the PC Financial Mastercard is a great choice for students.
Where Can You Earn PC Optimum Points Using The PC Optimum Card?
Here’s a basic rundown of how the PC Optimum loyalty program works:
- How to Earn Points – You accumulate loyalty points by shopping with your PC Optimum Card or logging into the PC Optimum mobile app. Eligible purchases include gas, groceries, and purchases made from participating pharmacies.
- What You Can Earn – The amount of points you can earn per purchase depends on where you shop and what types of products you buy. You can generate a maximum of 500,000 points ($500) on any single purchase you make.
- PC Optimum Points Cash-Value – Every PC Optimum point that you accumulate has a cash value of 0.1 cents. Luckily, these points have a consistent value, so if you earn 10 points, you’ve made $0.01 in potential savings.
- Where You Can Earn Points – Remember, PC Optimum has more than 4,500 participating locations across Canada, including Shoppers Drug Mart, Esso and Mobil gas stations, Joe Fresh and any of Loblaws’ banner grocery stores:
- No Frills
- Real Canadian Superstores
- The Independent Grocer
- Wholesale Club
- Independent CityMarket
- Atlantic Superstore
Loans Canada Lookout
LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR BEST INTEREST
What Can You Redeem PC Optimum Points For?
Once you’ve earned at least 10,000 PC Optimum points, you can redeem them (in increments) for $10 off any item from a participating PC or Loblaws store. You can also redeem points on the Shoppers Drug Mart or Joe Fresh websites.
Find out if your credit card rewards can be taxed.
However, you can’t redeem your PC Optimum points at certain locations. For example, visiting an Esso or Mobil station will only allow you to collect points, rather than generate them. Plus, normal PC Optimum point rates only apply to every purchase when you buy items from a Shoppers Drug Mart banner store or a Mobil/Esso station.
Looking for more ways to earn rewards? Check out the drop app.
The PC Optimum Insiders™ Subscription
PC Optimum Insiders™ is a subscription that you can purchase, which maximizes the value of your points when you shop at select locations within the PC network. As a member, you’ll also be eligible for specials, premium services, and benefits.
PC Travel Credits Available
If you pay your entire $99 yearly PC Optimum Insiders™ fee upfront, rather than by month, you’ll automatically receive a $99 credit from PC Travel. You can then spend your travel credit on flights, hotel bookings, tours, and vehicle rentals. By purchasing other items from the PC Travel store, you earn more regular PC Optimum points as well.
Want more travel reward programs? Check out Aeroplan points.
Free Deliveries And Pick-Up At Select Locations
If you use your PC Optimum Insiders™ subscription to shop at Joe Fresh or Shoppers Drug Mart, you can get free shipping anywhere in Canada. In addition, you can save money on PC Express pick-up fees, which would otherwise add up to about $3 – $5 per order. All this can make online grocery shopping easier and cheaper than ever.
Check out these credit cards for mobile device insurance.
Extra Points On Qualified Purchases
Along with the normal point rate earned at participating Loblaws banner stores, PC Optimum Insiders™ members can generate 200 points per dollar spent at JoeFresh and Shoppers Beauty Boutique, as well as on premium PC Organics or PC Black Label products. This is a 20% return, compared to the usual 10% from a regular PC product.
Learn how you can earn extra cash back with Paymi.
After subscribing to the PC Optimum Insiders™, you’ll also receive Welcome Box delivery containing numerous PC products, as well as access to inspirational content like recipes, cooking videos, sneak peeks and the latest PC products. Not to mention, you’ll earn 10% back in points when shopping at Joe Fresh and 5% back on various PC Travel purchases.
Currently, a subscription will cost you $9.99 per month or $119 for 12 months but you can save $20 by paying your yearly fee upfront (bringing the cost to $99 a year).
Thankfully, if you redeem your $99 PC Travel bonus every year, your PC Optimum Insiders™ subscription will essentially pay for itself. On the other hand, paying per month will save you from making a year-long commitment if you don’t like the service.
Find out if your annual credit card fee is worth it.
How To Get A PC Optimum Card
You can sign up for a PC Optimum Card at any Loblaws location or banner store. You can even start using your card before linking it to your account but it’s best to do so immediately on the website or mobile app if you want your points to show up as soon as you earn them. Once your account is confirmed, you should receive your PC™ ID.
When you register for a PC Optimum Card, you may have to provide details like your:
- Full Name
- Postal Code
- Date of Birth
- Home Province
- Phone Number(s)
Loans Canada Lookout
LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR BEST INTEREST
What Are The Benefits Of The PC Optimum Card?
As you can see, signing up for a PC Optimum Card can make you eligible for all sorts of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Free Membership – There’s no monthly fee to register or use a PC Optimum Card. You’ll only have to pay extra for memberships like PC Optimum Insiders™.
- Points On Fuel Purchases – Earn even more PC Optimum points when you gas up your car at any Esso or Mobil station (there are more than 2,000 in Canada).
- PC Optimum Insiders™ Benefits – Buying this extra subscription can be worthwhile when you shop online or in-store at participating locations.
- The PC Optimum App – The PC Optimum mobile app can make online shopping, viewing exclusive offers, and redeeming points more convenient.
- Bonus Redemption Days – Many participating locations, such as Shoppers Drug Mart feature special days where your points are worth double the value.
Does the PC Optimum loyalty program give you personalized offers?
How can I maximize my PC Optimum points?
- Subscribing to the PC Optimum Insider™ Program – While you must pay a yearly or monthly fee, accepting offers and making purchases using this subscription is one of the fastest ways to get the most out of your points.
- Get a PC Financial Mastercard or PC Money Account – These two financial products can also help you generate points from everyday purchases, only with the added benefit of being able to use them outside of participating stores.
- Take Advantage of Personalized Offers – To further maximize your points, log into your app and select the “Offers” tab, where you’ll find many weekly deals. To avoid it expiring, you’re even allowed to save an offer for the following week.
Do my PC Optimum points expire?
Thinking About Getting A PC Optimum Card?
If you regularly shop at President’s Choice, Loblaws or any of their affiliates, you could be missing out on some major savings if you don’t carry a PC Optimum Card in your wallet. After all, basic membership is free, so you have nothing to lose by signing up.
Largest Lender Network In Canada
Save time and money with Loans Canada. Research and compare lenders before you apply. Share your experiences with Canada's top lenders.
goPeer — Helping Consumers Achieve Financial Freedom by Connecting Canadians Looking For Financing With Canadians Looking to Invest
goPeer is Canada's first consumer peer to peer lending platform and connects creditworthy Canadians looking for a loan with everyday Canadians looking...