Cell phone plans in Canada are expensive but they come with different ways to earn perks. Koodo Refer-A-Friend is a referral program that can pay as much as $300. While other discount or low-cost mobile phone carriers offer perks and loyalty rewards, Koodo offers a healthy discount on your bill, which saves you money.
In fact, the Koodo plan is one of the best refer-a-friend programs in Canada. Referral programs are an effective marketing strategy for companies looking for new customers. It relies on word-of-mouth and the trust people have in their friends and family members’ opinions.
Read this to learn how you can save some money over time with the Koodo Refer-a-Friend program.
Who Is Koodo?
Koodo Mobile is a Canadian low-cost cell phone provider that was launched by Telus in 2008. They offer postpaid, prepaid, and wireless home phone services. However, unlike Telus, they don’t require fixed-term contracts and are mostly aimed at younger clients.
Being a subsidiary of Telus has helped Koodo provide extensive coverage Canada-wide and gain a lot of traction in the world of mobile retailers. So, if you’re looking for an easy and affordable cell phone or data plan, Koodo might be the right mobile provider for you.
What Is The Koodo Refer-A-Friend Program?
Koodo’s Refer-A-Friend program offers rewards (in the form of bill credits) to existing clients and new ones they successfully refer. Basically, if you get another person to sign up for their own Koodo cell phone plan, both of you will receive $25 off your upcoming bills. That’s $5 a month for 5 months, thus saving you a bit of money for other things.
With the Koodo Refer-A-Friend program, you can save up to $300 per year. If you add another line to your Koodo account, you’ll earn an additional $300, for a limit of $600. After that, there is no lifetime limit for the amount of people you can refer to Koodo.
How Does The Koodo Refer-A-Friend Program Work?
The Koodo Refer-A-Friend program is easy to use. You just have to follow these steps:
- Log Into Your Account – Once your plan is activated, log into your Koodo Self Serve account with your email address, then go to your Refer-A-Friend profile. Be sure to use the same email for your Self Serve and Refer-A-Friend profiles.
- Have Your Friend Activate Their Service – Next, get your referral to sign up for their own plan. Koodo will then send them everything they need to complete the process. Once this is done, both of you will become eligible for your bill credits.
- Receive Your Bonus – The first $5 installment is applied 4 to 8 weeks after your friend enters their new Koodo cell number. The subsequent installments will be added over the next 5 months, as long as their account stays open during that time (it must be active and in good standing for at least 90 days after activation).
How Can Your Friend Claim Your Referral?
In order to claim their Koodo Refer-A-Friend offer or complete the referral process, your friend or family member simply needs to visit the site and follow the instructions.
Koodo Prepaid Refer-A-Friend Program
Koodo also has a Refer-A-Friend program for clients who sign up for prepaid phone plans. To make a referral and get a valid referral code, you must be a current Koodo Prepaid customer with an active (non-suspended) consumer prepaid account that’s in good standing. Those same conditions apply to anyone you refer to the program.
With the Prepaid Refer-A-Friend program, you can save up to $150 in bill credits a year.
How Does The Koodo Prepaid Refer-A-Friend Program Work?
The Koodo Prepaid Refer-A-Friend program is also super easy and works almost the same way as their normal referral program. To qualify, all you have to do is:
- Log Into Your Koodo Account – You can find your referral code in the same area of your online Koodo Self Serve Account. Don’t forget to explain the process to each of your referrals and get their consent to use their personal information.
- Share Your Unique Referral Code – Once you send your valid referral code to your friend, they’ll also be directed to Koodo Self Serve, where they can activate their own Prepaid account and redeem the offer (certain conditions may apply).
- Collect Your Referral Bonuses – After they complete their referral, a $25 credit will be applied to both of your accounts within 24 hours. If your friend keeps their account active for a second month, you’ll both receive another $25 bill credit.
Koodo Refer-A-Friend Overview
Here’s a breakdown of Koodo’s Refer-A-Friend programs so you’ll know if their mobile service is right for you. Remember to read their conditions carefully before signing up:
|How much can you get?
|$25 in bill credits ($5 a month for 5 months)
Up to $300 a year for the duration of plan
|$25 in bill credits (additional $25 after the second month)
Up to $150 a year for the duration of plan
|How many people can you refer?
|12 per calendar year (unlimited lifetime)
|6 per calendar year (unlimited lifetime)
|How will you receive the cash?
|Applied to regular Koodo account
|Applied to Koodo Prepaid account
|How can you refer a friend?
|Send them a unique referral code and get them to activate their own Koodo account
|Send them a unique referral code and get them to activate their own Prepaid account
Honestly, the best thing about the Koodo Refer-A-Friend program is how easy it is to understand. Your friend signs up with your referral code and you both get credits toward your phone bill. There are no gimmicks.
Again, it is a savings of $5 on your bill for 5 months and the same for your friend. As the old adage goes, “A penny saved is a penny earned”. That $25 you save can buy your something else or go toward paying off some other debt.
Thinking About Becoming A Koodo Customer?
Then you’ve made a wise choice, because for a limited time, you can use their regular or Prepaid Refer-A-Friend program to save money on your mobile phone plan. Check out the Koodo website to learn more about their plans and options today. For more information about client referral programs, take a look at the Loans Canada blog too.