Are your COVID-19 government benefits coming to end? We have the information you need to prepare.
Thinking Capital Reviews, Ratings And Fees October 2021
- Monday to Thursday 8 am - 6 pm
- Friday 8 am - 4 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 2 pm
Thinking Capital is a Fintech company that’s been operating for over 10 years. Their goal is to transform the way small and medium-sized Canadian businesses borrow the funds they need. They offer both fixed and flexible repayment plans and work with a wide variety of industries across the country. So, if you’re looking to grow your business with a loan or merchant cash advance, Thinking Capital could be the right option for you.
How to Qualify For Business Financing With Thinking Capital
There are a few requirements you’ll need to meet in order to qualify for a small business loan or merchant cash advance from Thinking Capital, including but not limited to:
- Proof that you’re a Canadian resident and are at least 18 years of age
- A business that’s based in Canada and in operation for at least 6 months
- Average monthly card-sales of $7,000 minimum
- If the business is home-based, average monthly sales of $20,000 minimum
- If you have bad credit, you may be requested to provide a co-signer
Luckily, Thinking Capital is less focused on a business owner’s credit score. Instead, your approval odds, financing amount, and interest rate will hinge more on your enterprise’s current and future cash flow. As long as your business passes the criteria above, you may receive your funding from Thinking Capital in as little as 48-hours (depending on how much you apply to borrow).
Thinking Capital’s Application Process
Remember, Thinking Capital is a business lender. As such, there may be a few essential documents to present when you apply, including but not limited to:
- A piece of Government-Issued photo identification
- A void cheque
- Your most recent banking and/or merchant statements
- Similar documents from your co-signer (optional)
Thinking Capital has its own web portal, so you’re able to apply 100% online from anywhere in Canada. The process only takes about 10 minutes. All you have to do is fill out an application and finish it off with your electronic signature.
Otherwise, you can call their customer service number for more information about their borrowing process. Before you get started, however, keep in mind that if you’re applying for a large amount of financing, you may be required to provide additional documentation.
Features That Make Thinking Capital Stand Out
Not sure if Thinking Capital is the right source of business financing for you? Then let’s take a look at some of the more positive features of their lending company. For instance, Thinking Capital maybe your best option because they:
- Offer financing amounts of $5,000 – $300,000
- Offer 2 types of business financing (term loans & merchant cash advances)
- Award a $500 bonus to clients who refer them to other businesses
- Provide financing that can be used for almost any business expense
- Have easier qualification standards than many other business lenders
- Charge adjustable borrowing fees (based on the strength of your business)
- Only collect merchant cash advance payments from Monday to Friday
- Can provide you with a daily, weekly, or bi-weekly loan repayment plan
- Offer funding to a variety of businesses, such as:
- Restaurants & Bars
- Health Services
- Fitness Clubs
- Retail Stores
- Construction Companies
Potential Costs of Business Financing With Thinking Capital
Although there are numerous advantages to acquiring your small business loan or merchant cash advance through Thinking Capital, it’s always important to consider the possible costs you may encounter during your repayment plan, such as:
- Your fixed daily, weekly, or bi-weekly loan payments
- A flat yearly fee of 8% – 22% of your borrowed loan amount
- Daily merchant cash advance payments (based on your sales volume)
- A flat fee added to your merchant advance approval amount and payments
- Possible NSF (non-sufficient funds) or late payment penalties
Before you apply for financing, it’s also essential to understand that both small business loans and merchant cash advance payments, plus any related fees, will be automatically withdrawn from your business bank account. So, if your account has insufficient funds when your payment comes due, you may be charged a penalty for defaulting, which could also have a negative impact on your credit.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Applying With Thinking Capital?
- Approval requirements are relatively easy
- Application can be completed 100% online, Canada-wide
- Loan payments, terms, and interest rates are adjustable
- Merchant cash advance payments and terms are flexible
- No collateral or other security required
- Many different businesses are eligible for fast financing
- Financing is liquid cash and can be used for almost any business expense
- Loan interest rates are displayed on their website
- Weak business revenue/credit can make financing conditions less favourable
- Defaulted payments can damage your business credit score
- Penalty fees may also apply for defaulted payments
How are a Small business loan and a merchant cash advance different?
How can I get approved for good business financing conditions?
Rate & Terms
Requirements & Documents
|-||A minimum of 3 months worth of bank account data Government-issued photo ID Void cheque||Must be a Canadian-based business Have an average monthly card sales of at least $7,000 Operating for a minimum of 6 months|
Want to show off your rating on your website? Copy the code below to embed our review widget on your website.