We are awarding $750 to a student every semester. All you have to do is show us how financial literacy has made a difference in your life.
If you’re looking to send money to a loved one who lives outside of Canada, there are a number of money transfer providers you can use such as Remitbee. Remitbee is an international money transfer service that was established in Canada in 2015. Remitbee is unique in this industry as its team understands what it means to be an immigrant and the importance of sending money to their loved ones back home. As such, they strive to create a platform that is reliable, affordable, and transparent.
Remitbee at a Glance
|Amount You Can Send||Up to $3,000|
|Fees||$0 – $29.99|
|Transfer Time||Instant – 3 days (depending on the country)|
|Transfer Methods||– Cash pick up|
– Bank transfer
– Doorstep delivery
|Payment Types||– EFT|
– Visa/MasterCard debit
– Bill payment
|Countries you can send money to||Over 45 countries|
|Types of Currencies*||– INR|
*If you’d like to see all the available currencies and countries, please visit Remitbee.
How Does Remitbee Work?
The process of sending money overseas using Remitbee can be broken down into a 5 step process.
- Create an Account – To start, simply create a free online account with Remitbee. You’ll need to provide your email and number to sign up.
- Provide Documentation – You’ll also need some documentation to verify your identity. This is a one-time authentication. After that, you’ll be able to send money without any problems.
- Recipient Details – The next step involves adding your recipient’s details such as their name, address, and bank account information.
- Select Your Payment – Here you’ll get to decide your payment method. You can choose to send the money through a bank to bank transfer or by card.
- Send Your Money – Once you’ve entered all the necessary information, you can submit. Your money should be transferred within 1-3 business days.
Ways You Can Send Money Through Remitbee?
Canadians can send money to over 45 countries worldwide using Remitbee. You can choose to send money in any of the following ways:
- Cash pick-up – If your recipient lives nearby a Remitbee outlet, you can have them collect the money in person. The recipient will need to provide an ID and a money transfer reference number.
- Bank transfer -You can opt to simply have the money move from your bank account to your recipient’s bank account.
- Doorstep delivery– Depending on your recipient’s location, you may be able to take advantage of Remitbees doorstep delivery. This allows your recipient to receive the money straight to their door.
- Currency Exchange – You can use Remitbee to exchange money between your Canadian USD and Cad accounts for no fees and high exchange rates
Cost of Using RemitBee
Remitbee has a number of payment methods including mobile wallet, Interac, or credit card. Depending on which method you choose and how much you want to send the fees you’ll pay will differ. Below is a table of the fees you can expect to pay using Remitbee.
|Mobile Wallet||E-transfer||Credit Card|
|$10 – $100||$2.99||$2.99||$2.99|
|$100 – $300||$2.99||$2.99||$4.99|
|$300 – $500||$2.99||$2.99||$6.99|
|$500 – $1,000||Free||$2.99||$8.99|
|$1,000 – $1,500||Free||$2.99||$14.99|
|$1,500 – $2,000||Free||$2.99||$19.99|
|$2,000 – $2,500||Free||$2.99||$24.99|
|$2,500 – $3,000||Free||$2.99||$29.99|
Benefits of Using Remitbee
There are a number of benefits to using Remitbee including:
When you send money through Remitbee, you can take advantage of their fixed low fees. When you pay with Interac or their mobile wallet, you’ll pay no more than $2.99 in fees. If you send money over $500 using their mobile wallet, it’s free. However, if you use a debit card, fees can range from $2.99 to $29.99.
Built by The Consumer
Remitbee was built by Canadian immigrants who saw a need for a more reliable and cost-effective money transfer service. As consumers themselves, they understand the importance of sending money back home and have built Remitbee in a way to reflect that.
Remitbee is committed to providing its clients with the support they need to send money safely and quickly. If you run into any troubles, you can reach out to Remitbee via email, phone, or online chat. Depending on the form of support you choose, you’ll receive a response within 10 minutes to 24 hours. Moreover, if you’re not fluent in English, you don’t have to worry, Remitbee offers customer care in a variety of languages.
|Phone||15 – 20 minutes|
|Online Chat||10 minutes|
Is Remitbee Safe to Use?
Remitbee is regulated by FINTRAC and is accredited by Better Business Bureau. Their website is also encrypted with SHA-256 RSA which ensures your transactions and information is secure. Moreover, their website is managed using Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS partner; top-notch security programs in Canada.
Can I cancel a money transfer order?
Why do I need to provide a personal ID when I’m sending money using Remitbee?
Can I use Remitbee to send money from countries other than Canada?
How do I receive the Remitbee $50 bonus?
How fast can you send money through Remitbee?
Like many other money transfer providers, Remitbee is a great option if you’re looking to send money internationally. It has low fees and even offers no fees if you send it through their mobile wallet. Overall, Remitbee is a good choice as the team behind the company understands what it means to be an immigrant.
Largest Lender Network In Canada
Save time and money with Loans Canada. Research and compare lenders before you apply. Share your experiences with Canada's top lenders.
Sign Up & Get $40 Free
Create an account with Bitbuy and get $40 free after your first deposit of $250+.
Earn 5% Cash Back With Neo
Earn an average 5%¹ cash back at thousands of partners and at least 1%² cashback guaranteed.
Build Credit With Refresh
Build credit while spending money with the Refresh Financial VISA card.
Check out our interview with addy; a platform that allows Canadians to invest in different properties across Canada with as little as $1.