To help you navigate post-CERB Canada, here is everything you need to know about what government help is available to you in 2022.
Founded in 2019, APOLLO is a Vancouver-based, Canadian insurance company that offers insurance online. Apollo’s process allows Canadian individuals and businesses to access insurance in minutes. They offer insurance to individuals as well as to businesses and professionals in a variety of industries, such as fitness, photography, media, nonprofits, finance, accounting, and more.
What Types Of Insurance Does APOLLO Insurance Offer?
APOLLO offers many different types of insurance on one, single platform. Although they provide cost estimates for each type of insurance, quotes and purchases can be done online for all products currently offered
APOLLO insurance offers five types of business insurance. Depending on your business, you may want a policy that includes one or more of the following:
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance protects individuals and businesses if they’re sued for an incident that causes damage to one’s property or body. Individuals may sue a business even if they aren’t at fault since there’s a chance at negligence.
For example, if someone slips and falls on your business’s property and hurts themselves, they might sue you for damages. Even if they aren’t successful in suing you, you might incur significant costs by defending yourself legally.
APOLLO offers general liability insurance for as low as $12.50/month.
Professional Liability Insurance
Professional liability insurance protects individuals and businesses sued for being negligent while performing professional services or not rendering professional services properly.
Not all types of professional liability insurance are the same, as there are many different levels of risk and expertise associated with each profession.
APOLLO offers professional liability insurance for as low as $18.15/month.
Contents insurance covers tangible assets, like equipment and inventory, if they’ve been damaged or stolen. Many businesses spend a lot of money on equipment needed to carry out their day-to-day operations, including machinery and automation. While another business may need to purchase months’ worth of inventory to operate. Contents insurance is especially important for businesses because damaged or stolen equipment or inventory can result in lost revenue since day-to-day operations are impacted.
Content coverage is optional, but important and can be quoted and purchased as part of your business insurance package.
Errors And Omissions
Errors and omissions insurance is a type of professional liability insurance for advice-giving professionals. This includes recruitment consultants, graphic designers, accountants, and other professionals who provide counselling or advice. As mentioned in the “Professional Liability Insurance” section, people sue professionals when they think they have not performed their job properly.
Common reasons for lawsuits include incorrect advice, undisclosed conflicts of interest, misrepresentation, and breach of legal duties. Not only will errors and omissions insurance cover your legal fees – it will also cover any fees you receive from regulatory bodies.
APOLLO offers errors and omissions insurance starting at $18.15/month.
Directors And Officers Insurance
Intended for private companies and nonprofits, Directors and Officers insurance protects private companies and nonprofits from being sued for negligence or otherwise honest mistakes made by an organization’s senior management. With nonprofits and private companies, directors and officers can be held personally liable for decisions, even if the company is incorporated.
Private and nonprofit Directors and Officers coverage can be quoted and purchased in minutes directly on the APOLLO platform.
Apollo currently offers three styles of personal insurance. Homeowners insurance and condo & renters insurance.
Real estate is a big investment, so it makes sense that you want to protect that investment by purchasing homeowners insurance. With homeowners insurance, you can cover associated costs with vandalism, damage, or theft. Moreover, if you own a condo, Apollo’s home insurance will protect you against damage to other properties. For example, if your pipe bursts and damages the condo below, you’ll be covered. They also offer coverage for additional living expenses due to unexpected emergencies like a fire or flood. As such, if you need to move out for a period of time, APOLLO insurance will cover your temporary living arrangements, whether in a hotel or an Airbnb.
Condo & Renters Insurance
Similar to homeowners’ insurance, renters insurance protects you from the financial burden resulting from incidents occurring in your rental home. If a flood damages all of your belongings, or if you need to stay at a hotel while pest control experts treat your home, rental insurance helps you pay for that.
Benefits And Drawbacks Of Choosing APOLLO Insurance
Whether you’re looking for business insurance or home insurance it’s always important to weigh both the pros and cons to make sure you’re choosing an option that meets your needs.
- Easy Application: With Apollo, you can apply, obtain a quote, and purchase a policy within minutes.
- Competitive prices: Some policies range between $12 – $20 per month, which is lower than many of Apollo’s competitors.
- Convenient: The whole process can be done online from the comfort of your own home. No need to visit with an insurance broker or spend hours on the phone with an insurance agent.
- Instant Quotes: Fast quotes help you plan your budget and make sure you’re choosing the right insurance to meet your financial goals.
- Customizable: Tailor your policy to better meet your or your business’s needs.
- Not Available Across Canada: APOLLO doesn’t offer insurance in Quebec.
- Limited Choices: APOLLO is great for business insurance, but they don’t offer any life insurance policies.
APOLLO Insurance Application Process
Depending on the type of insurance you’re looking to apply for, the application process and information required will vary.
Of the personal insurance options, renters insurance can be applied for online with Apollo. To apply you’ll need to follow these 6 simple steps.
- Choose your type of unit – The first step involves describing the type of residence you’d like to insure. You’ll need to state whether it’s a house, apartment, condo or townhouse. You’ll also need to answer how old the building is and whether it’s more than 20 stories high.
- Personal details – The second step involves providing basic personal information as well as information regarding your coverage needs.
- Get a quote – Once you submit all your details, you’ll be offered an instant quote. You’ll also be able to see the exact details on what’s covered and the coverage amounts.
- Additional details – If you’re happy with your quote simply click next and provide a few additional details regarding your building such as your exact address, whether you have pets and more.
- Verify eligibility – To confirm your eligibility, you’ll need to answer a few more questions.
- Checkout – Review your offer and select a payment method.
To apply for one of Apollo’s business insurance policies, you need to follow a 6-step process:
- Select your business industry – APOLLO offers insurance to over 250 types of industries/professions, be sure to choose the one that best fits your business.
- Complete a profile– You’ll need to provide personal information such as your name, contact, business name, and business revenue. You’ll also need to provide details regarding your insurance needs such as the type of insurance you want, the amount of coverage you want, and your deductible limits.
- Obtain a quote – Once you complete your profile, you’ll receive an instant quote. This number may change depending on the specifics of the rest of your application.
- Enter all of your business details – This includes incorporation information, history, income, etc.
- Confirm eligibility – Confirm your details by answering a few more questions.
How do I make a claim with APOLLO insurance?
Is APOLLO insurance Safe?
Does APOLLO insurance have a customer support line?
Overall, APOLLO offers a modern, convenient way for individuals and businesses to access competitive insurance policies. Find out if APOLLO is right for you with their no-obligation, instant online quote.
Largest Lender Network In Canada
Save time and money with Loans Canada. Research and compare lenders before you apply. Share your experiences with Canada's top lenders.
In an industry that doesn’t often put the consumer first, Lexop is changing the way companies manage their collection process.