nesto is the first, 100% free digital mortgage solution in Canada. It simplifies the mortgage process while offering Canadians the best rates.
Loans Canada: The Country's Best Loan Comparison Platform
Up to date information about the economic effects of COVID-19 to help you make the best financial decisions for your life.
Financial Assistance For Individuals
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Additional support for low-income essential workers (more information to come)
- Larger Canada Child Benefit (CCB) payments
- New income tax deadlines
- One time special GST payment
- Mortgage deferrals and support from Canada’s major banks
- Rent assistance (help offered on the provincial level)
- Suspension of student loan repayment
- Reduction of credit card interest rates by major banks
- How to Apply For the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- CERB Double Payments – What Should You Do?
- Can I Apply For Both E.I. and The CERB?
- COVID-19’s Effect On Canadian Tax Season 2019
- Can You Get a Mortgage Deferral Because of COVID-19?
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB): Financial Help For Students During COVID-19
- Dealing With Credit Card Debt During COVID-19
- Rent Deferrals Needed Amid COVID-19 Chaos
- COVID-19: Financial Help For Gig Workers
- Scams During The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Will COVID-19 Affect Your Credit Score?
- Canadians Affected By COVID-19 More Vulnerable to Predatory Payday Lenders
- Can Payments From The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) Be Garnished?
- Applying For Employment Insurance (EI) Because of COVID-19
- The Effect Of Coronavirus On Canadian Mortgages
- How to Financially Handle Coronavirus Layoffs
Support For Businesses
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) (more information to come)
- Temporary 10% wage subsidy
- Extending the Work-Sharing program
- Extended tax deadlines (income tax, GST/HST, duties on imports)
- Support for rural businesses through Community Futures Network
- Support for early-stage businesses through the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP)
- Support for young entrepreneurs through Futurpreneur Canada
- Support for small and medium-sized businesses (who are unable to access other government support)
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Support for specific industries
- What Is The Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)?
- 75% Wage Subsidy For Canadian Businesses Affected By COVID-19 (CEWS)
- 75% Rent Relief Through The Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA)
- Business Legal Obligations Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- Small Business Funding To Combat Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Government Assistance For Canadian Businesses
Effect on Canada’s Most Financially Vulnerable
From April 15, 2020 to April 23, 2020 we surveyed nearly 1000 financially vulnerable Canadians go get a better idea of the effect COVID-19 was having on their lives. We invite you to check out our recent study illustrating COVID-19’s effect on Canada’s most financially vulnerable.
Why did I receive two CERB payments?
Can I qualify for EI and CERB at the same time?
I’m a student, am I eligible to receive financial assistance from the government?
Do I have to pay my mortgage if I lost my job because of COVID-19?
Will I accrue interest if I defer my mortgage payments?
Will I be able to defer my rent payments if I lose my job?
Will COVID-19 affect my credit score?
Will deferring a mortgage payment because of COVID-19 affect my credit score?
What do I do if I can’t afford my credit card payment this month?
Will my car get repossessed if I don’t make my payment because I lost my job?
What happens if I can’t afford my car insurance due to COVID-19?
Does interest accrue if I defer my personal loan payment?
How to apply for the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)?
How to apply for the Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)?
When do I have to file my business income tax return?
Largest Lender Network In Canada
Save time and money with Loans Canada. Research and compare lenders before you apply. Share your experiences with Canada's top lenders.
Find The Best Rate
In Your Region
Eveything you need to know about sending and receving Interac e-Transfers and how to deal with errors if you make a mistake.