Nobody likes to pay taxes on their hard-earned money, but it’s an inevitable part of life. Every YEAR, Canadians file their taxes for the previous calendar year. And while you can always hire an accountant or tax specialist to do your taxes for you, there is always the option to do them yourself. But you can make things much easier by using a tax filing platform like H&R Block’s Tax Software.
H&R Block is a popular tax preparation company that serves millions of people every year come tax time. But in addition to providing traditional tax services, H&R Block also offers software that Canadians can use to file their taxes on their own.
What Does H&R Block Tax Software Offer?
The H&R Block tax preparation software offers a comprehensive platform to file your taxes accurately and quickly. Whether you have simple or complex tax filings. Here are some of the features you’ll get with the software.
H&R Block’s interface is simple and makes it easy to use and navigate. It helps you file your taxes by providing explanations as you go along. A banner at the top of the screen keeps tabs of where you are along the process if you decide to skip around.
Terminology is hyperlinked so you can get more information about what certain concepts are on the spot. There is also a help menu that stays updated according to where you are in the process.
There is always the chance of getting audited by the CRA, which involves having your financial information and accounts reviewed to make sure all tax filings were reported correctly and that the amount of tax is correct. Being audited can be stressful, especially if you’re on your own to handle it. To help ease this financial burden and make sure you come out the other end of your audit successfully, you may opt to use H&R Block’s audit support.
If you end up owing a lot of money to the CRA, you can use a personal loan to help cover the debt. Just be sure to check your credit score prior to applying for any loan as it can affect your chances of approval and ability to qualify for the best rates and terms.
Expert Review And Compatibility
Real-life tax experts are available to help answer your questions and even go over your tax return before you file to maximize your refund or reduce what you owe.
You can log on to your platform from a computer, mobile device, or even through their mobile app.
How Much Does The H&R Block Tax Software Cost?
The cost of H&R Block varies depending on the plan you get. Generally the more complex your finances and the more expert help you need, the more expensive it’ll be.
No Expert Help
|Best Suited For||Simple tax returns|
|Key Features||Automatic return optimization. |
The tax engine will maximize the amount you get back or minimize how much you have to payout.
Get support needed to file your taxes from an expert from start to finish.
Online Help Centre.
Thousands of answers to questions can be found in H&R Block’s online help centre.
Auto-Fill My Return (AFR).
Download all pertinent documents directly into your tax return to file faster and more accurately.
Important last year’s tax return as a PDF directly into the software and switch to the tax software to save time filing for your current tax return.
|Best Suited For||Those new to filing on their own and need added support and assistance to file accurately.|
|Cost||$19.99 per return|
|Key Features||All Basic FeaturesCustomized Tax Tips. |
Get useful and personalized tax tips throughout the tax filing process.
Unlimited Tech Support.
Reach out to a tax expert at any time via chat or telephone.
Transfer Last Year’s Data.
Transfer last year’s tax details directly into this year’s return to save time and ensure accuracy.
See exactly how your tax return is calculated with a detailed breakdown.
Have An Expert Do Your Taxes
|Best Suited For||More complex tax returns, such as those that involve businesses, investment properties, and freelancers.|
|Cost||$29.99 per return|
|Key Features||All Basic Features.|
All Assistance Features Unlimited Priority Support.
Get a dedicated phone number to speak directly with a tax expert. Audit Protection.
If you are audited or your return is reassessed, one of H&R Block’s tax experts will help guide you through the process.
Digital Return Storage.
A digital copy of your tax return will be stored for 7 years.
Support Offered By H&R Block Tax Software
To receive additional support from H&R Block when filing your taxes, feel free to call or contact them through the following channels:
- Telephone support: 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625), Monday to Friday, 9 am – 9 pm EST, Saturday to Sunday, 10 am – 7 pm EST
- Online chat
- Library of articles
Pros And Cons Of Using H&R Block Tax Software
There are numerous benefits to using h&r block’s tax software. However, there are a couple of drawbacks to consider as well.
Pros Of H&R Block Tax Software
- Affordable. The free version is easy to use and is enough for the average tax preparation. Even the upgraded versions are affordable compared to other tax software programs.
- Modern layout. The interface is straightforward and easy to follow and use.
- Resources available for each field. If you need more information, each field offers more detailed explanations of what is required.
- Access to tax experts on demand. For an added cost, you can get in touch with a tax expert to ensure that you’re filing your taxes correctly.
- Accuracy guarantee. H&R Block offers a 100% Accuracy Guarantee and a Maximum Refund Guarantee if there is an inaccuracy for some reason.
- Security. The H&R Block tax software is NETFILE certified, which means that your information will remain entirely secure when filing your taxes electronically with the CRA or Revenu Quebec.
Cons h&r block tax software
- Some fields can be a bit confusing to fill out
- No access to support with the free version.
How Do You Create An Account Using H&R Block Tax Software?
To create an account with H&R Block’s tax software to file your taxes, follow these steps:
- Go to the software’s home page and click on “Create your account.”
- Fill out all the fields with a red asterisk, and click the “Create Account” button at the bottom of the page.
- To find more information about a certain field, click the information icon beside the field that’s marked as an “i” in a circle for more information.
Is The H&R Block Tax Software Right For You?
H&R Block offers a great option for those who would prefer to have their taxes done at home, either entirely by themselves or with the help of an expert. Fortunately, there are different price options available to suit your budget and your exact tax filing needs, which are far more affordable than other tax software tools available. H&R Block’s tax software is a cost-effective way to file your taxes while still getting some expert assistance backed by security.