New to the market, CarDoor opened in July of 2021 as an online vehicle retailer. Founder Matt McKenzie created the platform to offer consumers a more enjoyable way to purchase a car. By combining everything from researching to financing to delivery, this business makes it easier to buy a car. If you’re on the lookout for a new set of wheels, shopping around is key. In this article, we provide a detailed review of CarDoor’s operations, explore its features, and identify ways you can use the service to streamline your car purchase.
How Does CarDoor Work?
Using CarDoor is extremely simple and allows you to find and close the deal on your ideal vehicle online. To buy a car with this platform, follow these steps:
The first step is exploring the CarDoor online catalogue of vehicles. You can refine your search using a range of criteria, including:
- Body style
- Type of fuel
Based on your search parameters, the site shows you the available vehicles including basic descriptions and their retail price. Once you select one, the site directs you to more detailed information that breaks down into the following components:
The site provides a virtual tour of the vehicle using panoramic imagery and highlights the incentivizing features. With all the specifications at your fingertips, it’s easy to make a decision about the car.
Is there sales tax on used cars in Canada?
Once you’ve determined the vehicle you want, the site directs you to the financing options available. To determine the financing options you can access, the system employs an algorithm that considers the following parameters:
- Payment type (cash or finance)
- Postal code
- Loan term
- Credit score
- Trade-in vehicle
Based on this information, you can get loan approval quickly. The company collects all the relevant information and supplies you with a financing agreement. Provided the terms meet your needs, you execute the contract and become the proud owner of a new car.
Once you sign the agreement, all you need is to sit back and wait for delivery. Professionals bring the car directly to you, though the delivery time can vary based on your location. After the point of delivery, you get a two-week refund guarantee if there is an issue with the car.
The Canadian automotive industry is valued at roughly 19 billion dollars, so new businesses require advanced features to remain competitive in the marketplace. CarDoor uses several tactics to incentivize consumers. These include:
While test driving is a classic incentive, a company that brings the car to your door for an at-home test drive is new. CarDoor is a technology company, relying on the digital world to operate its stores. Offering test drives in this manner saves the purchaser travel inconvenience. It also lessens the burden on the retailer, as only truly interested parties get a test drive. All these factors contribute to better vehicle prices.
Delivery To Your Door
Instead of driving the car off the lot, the car comes directly to your door. The business uses a reliable staff that ensures the safe transportation of the vehicle. Though CarDoor doesn’t specify its timeline for delivery, reviews purport it to be fairly efficient.
Especially if you aren’t comfortable dealing with sales agents, the virtual environment of CarDoor is ideal. You can take your time assessing your options without feeling any pressure to make a purchase.
Whether you want to pay off your car loan quickly or pay smaller installments, CarDoor provides options. The site is simple to navigate. Early in the process, you learn financing terms you can access. It takes any guesswork out of buying a car and helps you fit it into the budget.
14-Day Money-Back Guarantee
All vehicles that CarDoor has for sale come with a 14-day refund assurance. If, for any reason, the car is not what you want, so long as you haven’t exceeded 750 kilometres, you can return it for a refund. The ‘no questions asked’ policy removes any stress and mitigates the risk of buying a car sight unseen.
90-Day Bumper-To-Bumper Warranty
Since CarDoor vehicles are pre-owned, they may not have original manufacturer coverage in place. To account for this, CarDoor offers a 10,000-kilometre warranty. The protection addresses material or manufacturer defects for most parts of the vehicle. Noteworthy exceptions include tires, brakes, body damage, or windshield issues.
60-Day Exchange Program
This service is in addition to the refund guarantee, offering you the chance to exchange your vehicle within this term. As long as you didn’t travel over 5,000 kilometres, you can trade the vehicle for a different option. To qualify, the car must remain in the same condition you received it in.
Can You Trade-In Your Car At CarDoor?
Trading in your vehicle with CarDoor is quick and painless, taking only three steps. The site offers an instant estimate for trade-in value. If you’re considering a vehicle upgrade, simply:
- Input The Data: Using the year, make, and model of your car, the algorithm uses real-time information to provide you with the trade-in value. CarDoor is run by local automotive professionals, letting you rely on nearby services for trade-in.
- Complete The Inspection: CarDoor technology gives you access to immediate offers. It also lets you schedule an appointment or book an inspection using the digital service. All the administrative work happens from your computer, saving time and making it easier to keep thorough records.
- Make An Agreement: CarDoor sends you a clear offer, including the calculation methods and the data used to come to those conclusions. Once you accept the offer, a CarDoor professional will come and pick up the vehicle for free.
How To Apply for Financing With CarDoor?
CarDoor streamlines the finance application process using an intuitive platform that walks you through the process in a clear way. It takes five steps to complete your application, including:
- Personal Information: The first step involves you providing your name, phone number, date of birth, and email address. This step lets you add a co-applicant, requiring the same information for them throughout the process.
- Address And License: The next step is providing your current address, including city, province, postal code, type of home, and how long you’ve lived at that residence. Indicate your driver’s license number and its province of origin.
- Proof Of Income: After you’ve supplied basic personal information, the site directs you to employment details. CarDoor requires your employment status, boss’s name and contact, and how long you’ve worked in that role. The next section deals with income, including how often you get paid, your gross income, and your social insurance number. If based on the information you provide, a credit cheque is required, it needs your social insurance details. If no credit check is necessary, then you aren’t obligated to supply the information.
- Vehicle Information: This step involves financing details such as down payment, financing amount, and loan term. Next, you indicate the vehicle type, its vehicle identification number (VIN) and its year, make, model, and series. If you have trade-in information to add, there is a section at the bottom of the page. The algorithm uses these details to determine the financing you can access.
- Application Confirmation: Once you complete the application, the site takes you to a review page to confirm your details. After you submit the application, a CarDoor representative reaches out to you to discuss the next steps in your car purchase.
How to check a vehicle’s safety ratings?
|Types Of Cars Sold||Cars (Compact, Convertible), SUVs, Trucks, Vans|
|Car Selection Size||Approximately 350 (at the time of writing)|
|Car Financing||In-house vehicle financing|
|Warranty Availability||Cars come with a 90-day warranty|
|Trade-In Options||Available through CarDoor|
|Test Drives||The company delivers vehicles for test drives|
Benefits Of Choosing CarDoor
There are several advantages to purchasing a vehicle through CarDoor, including:
A Fully Digital Platform
This offers you the chance to shop comfortably. Saving you the trip to different retailers and the stress of dealing with sales agents, you can look through vehicles at your leisure. The virtual platform also reduces the cost burden on CarDoor, enabling the business to offer competitive rates on its vehicles.
CarDoor has hundreds of available vehicles, including trucks, vans, and different types of cars such as compacts and convertibles. With roughly 350 vehicles in stock, the company regularly updates the catalogue. To help you refine the search, you can use the filter tool to sort according to the following parameters:
- Type of fuel
- Body style
The site lets you input the method of payment (cash or finance). Together with the above specifications, you can find the vehicles that best suit your style and budget.
Where do used car dealers get their inventory?
When CarDoor supplies you with a quote for a trade-in valuation for a vehicle, you receive all the calculation metrics. The company tells you exactly how it arrived at the number listed so you are clear on all information. Inventory listings include all the relevant vehicle information, neatly categorized. It’s easy to access any relevant information, so you can make informed vehicle purchase decisions.
Can I buy new or used cars at CarDoor?
What type of car can I buy at CarDoor?
What makes CarDoor so unique?
CarDoor is a unique vehicle retailer in its modern approach to purchasing a car. By incorporating delivery services into the online car-shopping market, CarDoor makes it easier to make a purchase. The company remains in its early stages, though it’s shown notable success in the first few months of operations. With a comprehensive selection and user-friendly website, if you’re planning on purchasing a vehicle, this company is worth a look. As with any major purchase, investigating your options is important, and CarDoor makes it easy to do that in a calm environment.