A Toronto Startup, RepairMatch, is Finally Fixing the Tedious Task of Taking Your Car to the Shop
RepairMatch.ca is a new online startup looking to change the way vehicle owners deal with repairs, maintenance, as well as the way they interact with auto shops. They’re a six-person team based in Toronto, Ontario.
Their mission is to reduce the hassle involved with finding, scheduling and pricing everyday auto repairs and services.
So how does it work?
- You sign up and put your service needs into the system
- The price is determined before they contact shops, so there are no surprises
- RepairMatch anonymously connects your service needs to a very select group of high-quality, pre-vetted shops
- Once a suitable “match” is found, you are notified with a selection of available times, shop location, it’s rating, etc.
- You pick a time that works, pay a portion of the price as a deposit to lock in the deal, and you’re set!
“We are seeking to bring innovation and disruption to an industry that has been traditionally more old-school. Mechanics get a bad rap when it comes to trust—if we can help bring more transparency, ease-of-use, and education to the whole process I think folks on both sides of the equation will reap the benefits.” — Jordy Fujiwara, Marketing & Growth, RepairMatch.ca
Redefining a marketplace
A good marketplace ultimately improves things for both the buyer and the seller. In this case, vehicle owners and shops. The auto repair industry is known for being something of a closed marketplace, meaning that pricing, access to supply and service quality has a high amount of variability. Put another way: there’s a serious a lack of consistency!
By moving a large chunk of the process onto the Internet, RepairMatch hopes to modernize the market and improve the experience for everyone.
For the car owner
- Removal of the search process: no need to research and review multiple shops
- Transparent and consistent pricing on standard services
- Additional layer of customer service and feedback
- Incentivizing and rewarding high-quality shops reduces the risk of shady mechanics
For the shop owner/manager
- Generates new business
- Gives more control over what sort of jobs come to the shop
- Allows them to fill downtime
- Provides an additional layer of dispute resolution
What does “high-quality” shop mean?
Before becoming a part of the RepairMatch network, a shop must pass (and maintain!) baseline criteria, including:
- Registry on Google Business
- Have a review score of four stars or higher (on both Google and RepairMatch’s rating system)
- Provide a minimum warranty on all parts and labour: 90 days or 5000 km (whichever comes first)
- RepairMatch visits or calls all their shops to screen for professionalism
The bottom line: convenience
The one thing that we all want more of? Time! And that’s what RepairMatch gives you.
- Easier to find an appointment that fits into your busy schedule
- Removes the hassle of trying to find a reputable auto shop
- Bonus: provides you with an opportunity to save money
- Allows shop owners to fill in open appointment times in their daily schedules
Speaking of saving money, for a limited time, you’ll get 10% off any service booked through RepairMatch by using the promo code LC10! Try RepairMatch today!