We are awarding $750 to a student every semester. All you have to do is show us how financial literacy has made a difference in your life.
RepairMatch.ca is a new online startup looking to change the way vehicle owners deal with repairs, maintenance, as well as the way they interact with auto shops. They’re a six-person team based in Toronto, Ontario.
Their mission is to reduce the hassle involved with finding, scheduling and pricing everyday auto repairs and services.
So how does it work?
- You sign up and put your service needs into the system
- The price is determined before they contact shops, so there are no surprises
- RepairMatch anonymously connects your service needs to a very select group of high-quality, pre-vetted shops
- Once a suitable “match” is found, you are notified with a selection of available times, shop location, it’s rating, etc.
- You pick a time that works, pay a portion of the price as a deposit to lock in the deal, and you’re set!
“We are seeking to bring innovation and disruption to an industry that has been traditionally more old-school. Mechanics get a bad rap when it comes to trust—if we can help bring more transparency, ease-of-use, and education to the whole process I think folks on both sides of the equation will reap the benefits.” — Jordy Fujiwara, Marketing & Growth, RepairMatch.ca
Redefining a marketplace
A good marketplace ultimately improves things for both the buyer and the seller. In this case, vehicle owners and shops. The auto repair industry is known for being something of a closed marketplace, meaning that pricing, access to supply and service quality has a high amount of variability. Put another way: there’s a serious a lack of consistency!
By moving a large chunk of the process onto the Internet, RepairMatch hopes to modernize the market and improve the experience for everyone.
For the car owner
- Removal of the search process: no need to research and review multiple shops
- Transparent and consistent pricing on standard services
- Additional layer of customer service and feedback
- Incentivizing and rewarding high-quality shops reduces the risk of shady mechanics
For the shop owner/manager
- Generates new business
- Gives more control over what sort of jobs come to the shop
- Allows them to fill downtime
- Provides an additional layer of dispute resolution
What does “high-quality” shop mean?
Before becoming a part of the RepairMatch network, a shop must pass (and maintain!) baseline criteria, including:
- Registry on Google Business
- Have a review score of four stars or higher (on both Google and RepairMatch’s rating system)
- Provide a minimum warranty on all parts and labour: 90 days or 5000 km (whichever comes first)
- RepairMatch visits or calls all their shops to screen for professionalism
The one thing that we all want more of? Time! And that’s what RepairMatch gives you.
- Easier to find an appointment that fits into your busy schedule
- Removes the hassle of trying to find a reputable auto shop
- Bonus: provides you with an opportunity to save money
- Allows shop owners to fill in open appointment times in their daily schedules
Speaking of saving money, for a limited time, you’ll get 10% off any service booked through RepairMatch by using the promo code LC10! Try RepairMatch today!
Largest Lender Network In Canada
Save time and money with Loans Canada. Research and compare lenders before you apply. Share your experiences with Canada's top lenders.
50 Free Trades Offer
Almost $500 in commission-free trades. Code “50TRADESFREE”. Conditions apply.
Borrow Today, Don’t Pay Till July
Borrow $500-$50,000 from Fairstone by May 31 and don’t pay until July.
Build Credit With Refresh
Build credit while spending money with the Refresh Financial VISA card.
Check out our interview with addy; a platform that allows Canadians to invest in different properties across Canada with as little as $1.